BWF’s Expert Panel Discussion: of GDPR and Nonprofit Strategy
Still have questions about GDPR and missed this month’s BWF LIVE Facebook Show on this topic? Watch the recording here:
At the end of the show, each panel member provided a few action items for organizations to consider. Here is a summarized version of those action items:
1. If you have not done so already, seek legal counsel on your exposure and response to GDPR.
2. Perform an audit of your data and well as your policies and practices. Update where needed.
3. Ensure your outside partners are handling data according to GDPR requirements.
4. Consider making adjustments to your digital properties to obtain consent before storing data, especially for EU citizens.
5. Constituent relationship building has always been vital; GDPR will not change that. Continue building strong relationships and engaging experiences with your donors online, on social media, and face to face.
Please let us know if we can be helpful as you maintain proper data management and online engagement practices.