BWF consultants are experienced professionals who create timely solutions out of complex challenges. We’re motivated by our clients’ success and a desire to transform philanthropy.
For over thirty years, BWF consultants have partnered with leading private and public universities to realize record-setting philanthropic goals, effectively engage their ever-growing constituencies, and build strong advancement programs. We are expanding our consulting team with the addition of several Senior Associate positions.
We seek experienced advancement professionals who will work with our higher education clients: conducting development assessments, preparing clients for campaigns, working with boards and executives on strategic organizational issues, and more.
If you’re interested in this rewarding, challenging opportunity, contact Jamie Hunte, Director of Talent Management.
Qualifications for Senior Associate – Consultant
The successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Advanced degree preferred.
- Have extensive, successful development experience, preferably in large public or private university setting.
- Have five or more years in a senior director of development, AVP, or VP leadership position and significant campaign leadership experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy and be proficient at skill building and training techniques.
- Client engagements. Provide excellent delivery of consulting services, in partnership with clients, which may include: program reviews, fundraising/advancement strategy development and implementation, feasibility studies, campaign counsel, board engagement, or other services as needed.
- Marketing. Regularly write and speak to promote expertise in philanthropy through firm and industry publications, conferences, or events.
- Sales. Develop and maintain a robust professional network, initiate conversations with potential clients, and actively respond to sales opportunities, including writing proposals and participating in sales presentations.
- Ongoing professional development. Participate in ongoing internal activities as a productive and active member of the firm. These may include orientation and ongoing training, firm-wide meetings, and other skill-building activities.
The successful Bentz Whaley Flessner consultant will:
- Possess a high energy level, a strong sense of urgency, and a strong sense of personal responsibility for results.
- Possess powerful analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, and a solid strategic thinking ability.
- Be able to motivate, praise and provide recognition to others.
- Possess solid time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Create a strong, positive initial impression and maintain a solid professional credibility.
- Be a team player and, at the same time, have a strong drive for independent, entrepreneurial achievement.
- Be appropriately patient in ambiguous situations and creative and flexible in his/her willingness to customize and adapt.
- Send your resume and cover letter to Jamie Hunte, Director of Talent Management. Include your LinkedIn profile.