BWF is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Decision Science team. Preference is for candidates who will be located in our Minneapolis office, though consideration will be given to remote team members as well.
BWF, a leading fundraising consulting firm for over 30 years, provides essential support for every step of the development process to educational institutions, academic medical centers, healthcare systems, and arts and cultural organizations—worldwide—with specialty counsel on advancement services, annual giving, prospect research, analytics, and decision science.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
BWF seeks a Senior Analyst to join the Insight team, who is responsible for all analytics and decision science production at the firm. Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Decision Science, this person will:
- Conduct analysis of nonprofit constituent data to support campaign feasibility assessments, program review, and constituent relationship management projects.
- Develop observations and key findings from analysis to team members, aid in client understanding, as well as identify potential areas of opportunity for business development.
- Participate in the engineering of new analytics solutions, including but not limited to, forecasting, simulation, segmentation, data visualization, and natural language processing.
- Produce analysis reports using contemporary data-visualization techniques.
- Provide back up support to predictive modeling projects as needed.
- Provide back up support to performance metrics analysis and portfolio optimization projects as needed.
- Promote BWF Insight and Bentz Whaley Flessner through thought leadership, writing, blogging, and speaking where available.
- Work closely with consultants to understand client needs and meet both client and consultant expectations for data quality and delivery.
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated competence in statistics and contemporary data analysis & visualization methodologies.
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, R, Tableau, or equivalent statistics application.
- Strong understanding of MS Office suite including Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- A Bachelor’s or graduate-level degree in statistics, economics, business, or related field.
- 3–5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, preferably in prospecting, research, prospect management, annual giving, or analytics.
- Published or presented work on the topic of analytics as it pertains to nonprofit fundraising.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Benefits package available.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Senior Analyst Application”: A current resume; three references; and a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position.
Applications will be accepted through January 3, 2020.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.