Bentz Whaley Flessner is currently seeking an experienced Project Associate to join our team in Edina, MN 55439.
Bentz Whaley Flessner, a leading fundraising consulting firm for over 30 years, provides quality advice for every step of the development process to educational institutions, academic medical centers, and healthcare systems—nationwide.
As a Project Associate at BWF, you’ll use your expertise in in nonprofits and fundraising database management, and fundraising operations to help organizations across the country strengthen their development efforts and advance their missions. Working with the Systems Practice, you’ll partner with and learn from industry-leading consultants as they help clients to discover solutions to their operations challenges. This position reports to the Systems and Operations Practice Leader and works collaboratively with clients, consultants, and support staff.
- Managing day-to-day operations of all project deliverables, milestones, and required activities; communicating project status with consultants and clients on a regular basis.
- Providing technical and research data analysis in an environment that requires maturity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Collaborating with Systems and Operations team members and clients to gather requirements for the creation of both internal and client-facing documentation and reports, data analysis benchmarking, and other project specific deliverables.
- Providing 30% administrative support to Systems and Operations Practice Leader.
- Developing proposals, presentations, and data-driven communications in support of sales and marketing activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Standard business hours apply, with weekend and evening hours required when deadlines need to be met.
- Travel to client sites, conferences, or the firm’s other offices may occasionally be required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Familiarity of fundraising within the industries of healthcare, higher education, and in general, nonprofit organizations is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed organizational and prioritization skills; flexibility; attention to detail; and the ability to work both independently and with a team toward a common goal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, project management tools, survey software, database applications, and Internet research tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong analytical, and interpersonal skills; initiative and follow-through; sound discretion and judgment.
- Experience with one or more development database systems, such as Blackbaud CRM, Raisers Edge, Ellucian Advance or Banner, or Salesforce.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package available.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer