University of California San Diego Chancellor Pradeep K. Khosla announced Friday the news that the Campaign for UC San Diego has been recognized by CASE District VII this year with awards in the following categories:
- Gold Award in Fundraising Campaigns (The Campaign for UC San Diego)
- Gold Award in Case Statements (The Campaign for UC San Diego Case Statement)
- Gold Award in Multi-Day Special Events (The Campaign for UC San Diego Celebration and Regional Campaign Celebrations)
- Silver Award in Branding Programs (The Campaign for UC San Diego Brand: Continue the nontradition)
- Bronze Award in Individual Sub-Websites (The Campaign for UC San Diego Website)
In addressing the UC San Diego team, Khosla stated, “This past year has truly been one of inspirational achievements, and these awards are a well-deserved recognition of your hard work, dedication, and commitment to the core aspirations of the Campaign for UC San Diego.”
The Campaign for UC San Diego is a $2 billion comprehensive fundraising effort to transform the student experience, the campus, and ultimately the way humanity approaches problems and develops solutions. To date, the campaign has raised about $1.5 billion and has had more than 100,000 donors.
BWF is please to congratulate UC San Diego for its “nontradition”: embracing the perspective that perpetual optimism and curiosity, when backed by philanthropic visionaries, will make the world better. This nontradition has enabled UC San Diego to develop a heritage of pursing the greater good in a most unconventional fashion by approaching complex issues with wholly unexpected solutions. This type of unconventional thinking and innovation inspires the transformational philanthropy of donors. Bentz Whaley Flessner applauds and supports this kind of nonconformity.
Congrats UC San Diego!