Bentz Whaley Flessner advances our world through collaboration with great nonprofit organizations. We provide expert fundraising consultant services and innovative counsel to:
- Public and private colleges and universities to help them achieve their fundraising goals.
- Hospitals, academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, and other healthcare systems that seek to grow their philanthropic resources and execute successful campaigns.
- Community service organizations, which are as diverse as the services they provide.
BWF consultants are experienced professionals, motivated by their clients’ success and a desire to transform philanthropy. Partnering with our clients, our consultants create timely solutions out of complex challenges, bringing their expertise and talents to bear in many different areas.
BWF is expanding its Healthcare practice with the addition of a Senior Associate consultant who will focus on academic medical center and health system development: conducting development assessments, preparing clients for campaigns, engaging boards in decision-making, and more.
The successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Advance degree preferred.
- Have extensive, successful development experience, preferably five or more years in senior director of development, AVP, or VP role.
- Have significant expertise and experience in healthcare philanthropy.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy and be proficient at skill building and training techniques.
- Client engagements. Define engagement scope of work and deliverables. Provide excellent delivery of consulting services, in partnership with clients, which may include: program reviews, fundraising strategy development and implementation, feasibility studies, campaign counsel, board engagement, or other services as needed.
- Marketing. Regularly write and speak to promote expertise in philanthropy through firm and industry publications, conferences, or events.
- Sales. Develop and maintain a robust network of potential clients, initiate conversations with potential clients, and actively respond to sales opportunities, including writing proposals and participating in sales presentations.
- Ongoing professional development. Participate in ongoing internal activities as a productive and active member of the firm. These may include orientation and ongoing trainings, firm-wide meetings, and other skill-building activities.
The successful Bentz Whaley Flessner consultant will:
- Be appropriately patient in ambiguous situations and creative and flexible in his/her willingness to customize and adapt.
- Possess a high energy level, a strong sense of urgency, and a strong sense of personal responsibility for results.
- Possess powerful analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, and a solid strategic thinking ability.
- Be able to motivate, praise and provide recognition to others.
- Possess solid time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Create a strong, positive initial impression and maintain a solid professional credibility.
- Be a team player and, at the same time, have a strong drive for independent, entrepreneurial achievement.
Location and Travel
- Relocation to our Washington, DC, or Minneapolis, MN offices is not required for this position.
- Given our national client base, travel is extensive. Being located very near a major international airport is required.
- Send your resume and cover letter to Jamie Hunte, Director of Talent Management. Include your LinkedIn profile.