Since our inception BWF has helped leading liberal arts colleges build strong advancement programs and execute transformational campaigns.
We are expanding our team of consultants who work with this select group within higher education. We seek an experienced advancement professional who believes in the importance of a liberal arts education and understands the unique opportunities liberal arts institutions present to today’s students and our society at large.
The focus of this important work will be to partner with liberal arts advancement leaders, boards, and staff, in building strong advancement programs that pave the way for a sustainable future: preparing clients for campaigns, discerning the challenges ahead, working on strategic organizational issues, and more.
If you’re interested in this rewarding, challenging opportunity, contact Jamie Hunte, Director of Talent Management.
Qualifications for Senior Associate, Liberal Arts
The successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Advanced degree preferred.
- Have extensive, successful development experience, preferably at a leading liberal arts college.
- Have five or more years in senior director of development, AVP, or VP leadership position and significant campaign leadership experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy and be proficient at skill building and training techniques.
- Client engagements. Provide excellent delivery of consulting services, in partnership with clients, which may include: program reviews, fundraising/advancement strategy development and implementation, feasibility studies, campaign counsel, board engagement, or other services as needed.
- Marketing. Regularly write and speak to promote expertise in philanthropy through firm and industry publications, conferences, or events.
- Sales. Develop and maintain a robust professional network, initiate conversations with potential clients, and actively respond to sales opportunities, including writing proposals and participating in sales presentations.
- Ongoing professional development. Participate in ongoing internal activities as a productive and active member of the firm. These may include orientation and ongoing training, firm-wide meetings, and other skill-building activities.
The successful Bentz Whaley Flessner consultant will:
- Possess a high energy level, a strong sense of urgency, and a strong sense of personal responsibility for results.
- Possess powerful analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, and a solid strategic thinking ability.
- Be able to motivate, praise and provide recognition to others.
- Possess solid time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Create a strong, positive initial impression and maintain a solid professional credibility.
- Be a team player and, at the same time, have a strong drive for independent, entrepreneurial achievement.
- Be appropriately patient in ambiguous situations and creative and flexible in his/her willingness to customize and adapt.
- Send your resume and cover letter to Jamie Hunte, Director of Talent Management. Include your LinkedIn profile.